Friday 5 April 2013

Flashback Friday - Fimo Butterflies

Happy Friday! 

I want to share with you a nail art design that I did last month. This was the first time that I used fimo nail art canes and I found them to be really durable and fun. If you do not know what fimo nail art canes are just search the term on Google and you will find tons of pictures :)

Here is my original design!



The only thing with this design was that it was quite difficult to remove, but I think that is mainly based on the four coats of glitter polish I applied. I have not personally tried the foil nail polish removal technique yet, but I think that probably would have made the removal much easier. I eventually did it by just holding bits of cotton swab soaked with nail polish remover on my nails, which removed most of it after a few minutes.

Polishes used:
- OPI Last Friday Night (3-4 coats)
- Meizilan Nail Design Taiwan nail art pen in White
- Jordana Clear (to stick the butterfly to the nail)
- OPI Top Coat

I applied the butterflies, which I had cut off the cane with a craft knife, onto a blob of Jordana Clear, initially with a wet toothpick, but for some of them I just held the butterflies in between my nails while applying them. You can do whatever works for you! :)