Monday 1 April 2013

Easter Nail Art - Part Two: SPECKLED EGGS!

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter! Mine was nice and relaxing :)

The second (and final) design in my Easter Nail Art series is Speckled Eggs. Apologies for the delay in posting these - My original bottle of nail polish remover ran out before I had the chance to get a new one and clean my nails up! I take absolutely no credit for this design, as I was following this tutorial almost exactly as it is written, just with a coat of white under the base colours, and minus the matte top coat.

Here is how my attempt turned out:


Apart from a few little things, I'm pretty happy with the way it looks. I'm still working on the best way to clean up my nails and the best way to photograph them, so these things will improve with time!

Polishes used:
- Miki No. 25 (thumb base)
- Ulta 3 Lily White (underneath all colours, index finger base and sponged on top)
- Love and Beauty Lavender (middle finger base)
- Jordana Soft Pink (ring finger base)
- Love and Beauty Sky Blue (pinky base)
- OPI A-Taupe The Space Needle (brown spots)

(And apologies again for picture quality, the editing software I use just wasn't working out for me today.)