Friday 7 June 2013

GingerNails Goes 3D! - Pink half-moons and rhinestones

The other day I decided to do a half-moon manicure and I was in the mood for pink. It was only when I had finished doing my nails that I realised they reminded me of something from Madonna's music video for 'Material Girl'!


Here are my 'Material Girl' nails :)


This was my first time using these rhinestones, and I found them to be hard-wearing and very practical - they stuck on really well even without a top coat! I love the classy look and durability of this design.

Polishes used:
- Jordana Soft Pink (lighter pink base)
- Miki 9155 (darker pink half-moons)
- Meizilan Nail Design Taiwan nail art pen in unnamed white (for the half-moon outline)
- Cutex 3 in 1 - Base coat, top coat & clear nail polish (to stick on the rhinestones)
- Stop Nail: Little Star rhinestones (I bought these at a KONAD nail art stand in a mall in Las Vegas)
- OPI Top Coat